BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Friday, February 5, 2010

Fizzy Cherry Coke cakes

Today's recipe is a simple recipe for yummy Cherry Coke cupcakes! The recipe yields 15 cupcakes.

First, let me introduce my little assistant to you. His name is Fredi @F_R_E_D_I and he and his 3 brothers have been living with my lady person for a few years now. His interests are the TV, pizza and Green Day. He applied to become my assistant and I hired him. Let's see, if I did the right thing...

Now, we have to put the ingredients to our shopping list.

For the cupcakes:
2 3/4 cups (340 grams) wheat flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup (50 grams) oat flakes
1/3 cup (80 ml) vegetable oil
2 eggs
1/2 cup (120 grams) sugar
1 cup ( 250 ml) Cherry Coke

For the icing:
1 1lb (250 grams) package confectioner's sugar
3-4 tbsp Cherry Coke

Optional garnish:
30 Haribo Gummi Cherry Cola bottles


When back home from shopping, preheat the oven to 375 °F (190 °C, gas mark 5).
Then whisk together flour, baking powder and oat flakes in medium bowl.
In a large bowl combine vegetable oil, eggs, sugar and Cherry Coke.
Fold the flour mixture into the Cherry Coke mixture. Batter will be creamy.
Fill muffin cups 3/4 full with batter.
Bake 20 - 25 minutes and then cool completely.

For the icing pour 3 tbsp Cherry Coke into medium bowl and gradually beat in confectioner's sugar until creamy. If necessary, add one more tbsp Cherry Coke.

Spread icing on cupcakes and place 2 Haribo Gummi Cherry Cola bottles a top each muffin.

Bon appétit!

2 comments:

Kolo Martin said...

Ummmmm those cup cakes look delicious may I have one please.

Mookie said...

It's me and I bring the sunshine... http://mookiepig.blogspot.com/ Please have a look!!!